I had 3 adventures to the doctor this week! 3 painful adventures...
Adventure Number 1:
My cut from the last visit had started to heal, but we noticed it to start to swell up and turn red around it. At our last experience, we found out that if we waited to go to the doctor, we could turn out with worse problems. So we decided to go to the doctor now. We talked a little and she pinched the skin around it a little bit and we decided to pull the scab back up. First they sprayed this numbing stuff on my arm and it worked right away. It kind of felt like I got electrocuted! They then started pulling the scab up (boy did it hurt!) but didn't let me look. After that they washed it with salt water and put some cloth stuff in to keep the cut opened in case it wanted to drain any more. Then they bandaged it up and we were done (for the day...)
Adventure Number 2:
We had to go to the doctor again to take the cloth out the next day. I had to take the bandage tape off first. Pull. I tried again. Pull pull pull RIP! Got the top layer off! Now for the bottom... (as you can see, that was the hardest part). We finally got it off and then had to put more in. It didn't hurt as much as yesterday, I thought. Little did I know what would happen tomorrow.
Adventure number 3:
I got into the room at 9:30 AM and she took my temperature. We waited and waited and waited... and finally the nurse came in saying we would have to wait another half-hour. So you can guess what we did - wait. After that the doctor came in and he took of the cloth in the cut. No - lets say he ripped it off. Just then was the most painful part of my day. Luckily, he taught me that if you rub around it, the nerves get so clogged up with messages that it doesn't hurt. Just then was the most interesting part of my day. Now I just have to wait to see if it all goes away. The doctors think that there might be this wall or something under my skin and if it doesn't heal, they might have to rip all of it out. I don't like thinking about that!
~silas abbott
3 comments:
Silas, the real adventure is getting to be your mom! I was so proud of how brave you were at all your Dr. visits! I love you and will pray for complete healing.
~mom
miniman, you totally rock .... dude! I miss u and I love u. Too bad you don't have a doctor in your family ... if you did u might not have this problem. lol!! are webcams expensive? i can't wait to do some 4 wheeling with you. thanks for your wifi connectivity advice - what would i do without u?
Thnx mom and dad!
♥
(:
Post a Comment